Re: Semtech 2011 Proposal

On Jan 5, 2011, at 17:08 , Juan Sequeda wrote:

[snip]

> > I just updated the wiki with the Semtech proposal:
> >
> > http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/wiki/Semtech_2011_Proposal
>
> Thanks. I wonder whether we should not find some more 'catchy' title. 'Standard methods to map RDB-s to RDF' or something similar.
>
> Yes... suggestions? It's a wiki so please edit :)

Sure. I have made a change, maybe somebody else may have a better choice...

"Mapping Relational Databases to RDF using standards"

> > These are the guidelines that I was following: http://semtech2011.semanticweb.com/cfp.cfm?pgid=40
> >
> > Open questions:
> >
> > 1) Who is actually going to speak? I assume we need one speaker for each document. Or maybe Ivan can give the talk.
>
> I can make the talk, although I already submitted a tutorial and an RDFa talk, so people may be bored by my face (provided those are accepted, that is). Another possibility would be Michael as co-chair of the group (it is soooo easy to volounteer others, right?)
>
> Assuming Michael is going? I assume Souri will be there. So will I. I'm guessing we could have two speakers if needed.

AFAIK, he is planning to...

The reason I am a bit uneasy about two different speakers is the image. One of the main issues we will have in the coming months is to 'harmonize' the two documents both in style and content, to provide a unified image of RDB2RDF. We may not get it done by SemTech. I am a bit concerned that two speakers would not help in conveying that 'unified' view. That is why I would prefer one speaker.

Cheers

Ivan

----