Re: Minutes from Feb 15 Telcon

All,

On Tue, 2011-02-15 at 10:09 -0800, ashok malhotra wrote:
> Minutes from Feb 15 Telcon are available at http://www.w3.org/2011/02/15-rdb2rdf-minutes.html

During the last call, we decided to publish very quickly the snapshots
of both the R2RML and Direct Mapping specifications. Some people were
reluctant because not that much happened in the Direct Mapping
document [1].

I actually worked a lot recently on the denotational RDF semantics. I
have a version available at [2] (extracted from LaTeX). I also worked
a lot on the "no-hierarchy" branch [3] of the FeDeRate repository so
that the code reflects perfectly the maths. It's already taking into
account the [[ simplest approach ]] [4] we discussed about the
hierarchy table.

With the approval of the Working Group and of the editors, I'll be
happy to contribute this work to the Working Draft so that the
community can react on a far better specification. These are
significant improvements that will have to be included anyway.

I can do the work *this week* with the help of Eric, who has already
reviewed my work. So this can be part of the snapshot we agreed to
publish.

Alexandre Bertails.

[0] http://www.w3.org/2011/02/15-rdb2rdf-irc.html#T18-01-25
[1] http://www.w3.org/2011/02/16-DM-denotational-rdf-semantics