Re: Revelytix R2RML product released

On 4/1/11 4:45 PM, Alex Miller wrote:
> The current beta has only been tested with Oracle.  It's not dependent
> on accessing just Oracle of course.
>
> JDBC is a standard API but of course there are differences in behavior
> across different database and even driver vendors.

Of course, but JDBC is about generic data access. Thus, it's preferable
to maybe state: supports JDBC accessible databases, with explicit
certification against Oracle's JDBC Driver etc., for instance.

> In particular,
> every database has its own set of datatypes that map to JDBC,
> functions, collations, metadata, etc.  Spyder contains an adapter
> layer that can be used to tweak SQL syntax and handle db differences
> such as these.

Yes, we make ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET, and OLE-DB providers. Its one of our
core businesses and realms of expertise :-)
> I'm not really sure why you're asking, so if that didn't cover it, let us know!

Because, as I said, JDBC is about generic data access. You don't really
present it as being an RDBMS specific data access mechanism.

In addition, we do instinctively test most JDBC compliant applications
as we discover them against our portfolio of secure high-performance
Drivers.

Kingsley

--

Regards,