Update on Use cases: mapping to OWL DL ontologies

From: Juan Sequeda <juanfederico@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 02:41:05 -0500
To: public-rdb2rdf-wg@w3.org
Hi Everybody

I just added a new our RNA sub-use case.

The biologist that we are working with are interested in exposing their data
as RDF because they want to become a hub in the Linked Data cloud. There is
a huge effort from the biology community to create ontologies, however most
of these are in OBO. There is already a correct way of translating OBO
ontologies to OWL DL ontologies. So the use case is about mapping a
relational database to an OWL DL ontology. The intention of most of these
OBO ontologies are for standardized use and data integration.

Juan Sequeda