Re: Semantic of the language

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Juan Sequeda <juanfederico@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking at the SPARQL spec, so take for example ORDER BY, which cannot
> be represented in datalog (right?).

You are right, it cannot be represented in Datalog unless you are
explicitly given an order relation (or at least a successor relation
if you are considering recursive Datalog and natural numbers).

> It states that "The ORDER BY clause establishes the order of a solution
> sequence." [1] So once you get a solution sequence, the order is established
> in post-processing. Therefore there are some things that don't have to be
> explicitly in FOL.

I agree, there are some things that don't have to be explicitly
mentioned in FOL and Datalog.

All the best,

Marcelo