From: public-rdb2rdf-wg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-rdb2rdf-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Lee Feigenbaum
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 10:32 PM
To: RDB2RDF Working Group
Subject: Introductions: Lee Feigenbaum and Ben Szekely

Hi everyone,

Ben has been a member of the WG since its inception; he sent an
introduction back in October, but it seems to not have reached the
archives; in case it never reached everyone's inboxes, I'm repeating it
here:

"""
I am a Founding Engineer at Cambridge Semantics Inc, a software company
focused on building practical and advanced semantic technology products
and applying them to real problems.  Relevant to this working group, we
developed an internal from-scratch implementation of D2RQ for use in a
customer proof-of-concept.  One of the next versions of our product will
include a production ready implementation of an RDB-to-RDF mapper.  My
goal as a participant here is to make sure that Cambridge Semantics'
implementation reflects the state of the art as well as the deep
thinking and expertise behind this body's recommendations.

Before working for Cambridge Semantics Inc, I worked in IBM's Advanced
Internet Technology group building a first generation semantic web
platform for life sciences, including pioneering the LSID standard.  I
received my Master's in Computer Science from Harvard University where I
did a small amount of research applying RDQL (I'm dating myself) to
query networks of lower-powered, wireless sensors.

I'm looking forward to participating in my first W3C working group!
"""

...And my own introduction:

I'm Lee Feigenbaum; I've just joined this Working Group as Cambridge
Seamntics's alternate representative after Ben Szekely.

Relevant experience: I co-chair the SPARQL Working Group, so from that
point of view I'm interested in any issues that cross between the two
groups. (For example, I saw [1] in a recent meeting and would be happy
to be involved in bridging such questions.)

In my day job, I'm Cambridge Semantics's VP of technology & standards,
and I've got similar motivations to Ben. In addition to implementing the
group's standards, we're hoping to share some of our customers'
requirements that may influence the final design of the Working Group's
deliverables. More to come on that shortly...

looking forward to participating,
Lee

[1]
"""
Ahmed: ericP, can you please ask Ivan also about SPARQL
... about the max expressivity of SPARQL because we don't want to have a
mapping language that supports more expressivity than SPARQL
"""