Re: RDB2RDF WG agenda for 2010-08-24 meeting 1600 UTC

Dear All,

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Michael Hausenblas
<michael.hausenblas@deri.org> wrote:

> All,
>
> Please find below the agenda for tomorrow's meeting (kindly provided by
> Ashok, thanks!) - looking forward meeting you all again!
>
> Cheers,
>        Michael

> AGENDA Teleconference
> W3C RDB2RDF Working Group telephone conference 2010-08-24
> Tuesday, 24 August *16:00-17:00 UTC* Local time:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=08&day=24&year=20
> 10&hour=16&min=00&sec=0
> Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim) Conference code : 7322733# (spells
> "RDB2RDF")
> Duration : 60 minutes
> IRC channel : #RDB2RDF on irc.w3.org:6665 W3C IRC Web Client :
> http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
> Zakim information : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
> Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
> Zakim IRC bot : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
>
> Chair: Michael
>
> 0. Scribe assignment
>
> 1. Admin PROPOSAL: Accept the minutes of last meeting, see
> http://www.w3.org/2010/08/17-rdb2rdf-minutes.html
>
> 2. Conclude discussion on comments on SQL-based approach from Richard
> Cyganiak
> - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdb2rdf-wg/2010Aug/0004.html
> Richard was not on the call last week.
> We discussed his Section 3 comments
> There was discussion on URI Templates
> Souri also had a question on large Lookup Tables see below.
> There was discussion about the dangers of SQL injection
>
> 3. Revised proposal from Souri
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/wiki/An_XML_Schema_for_SQL-based_RDB2RDF_M
> apping_%28Revision_1%29
>
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/wiki/Example_of_SQL-based_RDB2RDF_Mapping:
> _Revision_1
>
> Souri's comment:
> Regarding Comment 2.5 (Lookup Table): How can we translate a SPARQL
> query with FILTER involving transformed values?
>
>  Example: Consider the following SPARQL query involving a property,
> :transfProp, whose values are transformed, via a lookup table, into (-1)
> times the original value
>      (e.g., 10 in an INTEGER column, i.e., "10"^^xsd:integer in RDF, is
> transformed into "-10"^^xsd:integer):
>
>      SELECT ?x ?y WHERE {?x  :transfProp ?v1 . ?y   :transfProp  ?v2 .
> FILTER (?v1 > ?v2)}
>
>       How can SQL know, without having the lookup table somehow
> specified (in a CASE statement or something equivalent), how to evaluate
> the FILTER clause?
>
> 4. Discussion on next steps for SQL-based approach.   Create FPWD?
>
> 5. What are we going to do about the Default Mapping?  Separate document?
> Who can start a document for discussion?  Juan, Eric, Souri?

We discuss the issue about the Default Mapping with Juan, and we think
that our approach can be integrated with Eric's document. This week we
will generate a document with the syntax and semantics of the default
mapping based on Datalog. When Eric's default mapping is ready, we
would like to show how to express it in the Datalog-based language.

All the best,

Marcelo