Re: Comments on Use Case for discussion on telcon

* Juan Sequeda wrote:
> You state:
>
>    My organization's uses of this technology all fall broadly under
>    the category of needing to expose RDB data to tools that consume
>    data via arbitrary SPARQL queries.
>
> This can be a scenario on its own, or where would this fit in the
> other 4 scenarios that I propose?

Lee's organization's use above seems to me to clearly fall into
Juan's Scenario #4, --

> Scenario 4. I'm not interested in integrating my RDB with other
> sources (structured, rdf, unstructured). However, I do want to
> expose my RDB as RDF because I want semantic web search engines
> that crawl RDF data to index me and I want to become a Linked Data
> hub and let other people link to me.

-- which could be reworded to be somewhat more general, e.g., --

   ...because I want my RDB data to be available for SPARQL or
   other RDF-based querying, and/or for others to integrate
   with other data sources (structured, rdf, unstructured).

This doesn't require crawling by search engines, nor becoming a hub
(which can have scary connotations for small organizations), though
such exposure and accessibility *might* be chosen.

Also, Lee's restriction against exposing actual schemas and data is
part of why Use Cases should be generalized, and not be written as
Case Studies.

Be seeing you,

Ted