Re: Use Cases and Requirements for Mapping Relational Databases to RDF

Sören,

> I don't understand how the clustering of the requirements you made is
> related to data and schema.
> The currently labeled functional requirements appear to be *core*
> requirements with regard to the mapping, while the currently labeled
> non-functional ones could maybe better named *auxiliary* requirements.
> Such a distinction from my point of view could make sense.

You are certainly right. I was thinking in terms of functional where it
effects the expressivity of the language vs. non-functional where related,
but non-core features are proposed (update-log support, for example).

And indeed, yes, I had the software engineering-based distinction in mind as
well, when I proposed the categorisation.

If people think this categorisation causes confusion, happy to drop it and
have a flat list. The proposed categorisation, however, is thought to be
orthogonal to MUST/SHOULD as of RFC 2119 [1].

Cheers,
      Michael

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2119
--