Re: R2RML ontology bug? constant shortcut property definition not according to spec.

Martin,

> On 24 Feb 2016, at 13:47, Martin G. Skjæveland <martige@ifi.uio.no> wrote:
>> But there are numerous issues with the current document, so this would be a slightly bigger project.
>
> Not knowing what these issues are, would it not be possible to do a first quick fix by removing the causes of the inconsistencies and let the next version just be a mere vocabulary listing?

I think that would be a good idea.

Other issues I’ve spotted:

- rr:IRI and friends are classes but should be instances
- rr:constant should be rdf:Property but is owl:ObjectProperty
- More questionable restrictions
- Some terms have labels and comments, others don’t (in the .ttl — some of the comments and labels from the HTML+RDFa don’t seem to have made it across)
- poor capitalisation in labels
- typos in comments (“termpType”)
- no links back to the spec

It’s unfortunate that the WG, including myself as an editor of the spec, haven’t taken greater care in improving the namespace document before closing shop.

> I would be interesting in joining (also) the slightly bigger project of making a richer version of the ontology.

Let’s see first if we can get more information on the toolchain used to produce the current versions.

Richard