Re: test suite bug - unconformant n-quads

From: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 16:05:57 +0100
To: Boris Villazon-Terrazas <bvillazon@fi.upm.es>
Cc: public-rdb2rdf-comments@w3.org
On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 15:38:55 +0200
Boris Villazon-Terrazas <bvillazon@fi.upm.es> wrote:

> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-testcases/#ntriples

The definition for nodeID[1] refers to name[2], which is defined as:

	[A-Za-z][A-Za-z0-9]*

That does not include hyphen.

> According to the R2RML spec [1] they are ok.

My issue is not with R2RML. It can define blank node identifiers
however it likes - they're just surface syntax, not part of the
underlying model. So if R2RML allowed, say, whitespace inside blank
node identifiers (and AFAIK, it does), then that is fine. An R2RML
implementation would just need to rewrite those blank node identifiers
when it serialised the blank nodes into NTriples.

As I said, I don't have an issue with that. My issue is that the NQuads
files provided in the test suite cannot be parsed with an NQuads parser
because it doesn't not conform to NQuads syntax.

____
1.  http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-testcases/#nodeID
2.  http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-testcases/#name

--