Interpreting test-harness EARL report

From: Tomasz Pluskiewicz <tomasz.pluskiewicz@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 21:52:04 +0200
To: public-rdb2rdf-comments@w3.org
Hi

Today I have started executing the test harness app on my R2RML and DM output.

Please guide me on how the application actually works:

1. There are test cases which have no expected output file (namely
tests for non-conformant mappings). If my test case runner creates an
empty file, would such a test be marked as failed?
2. Also please explain how are the output files compared? There are
cases where they are identical but the test is still failed in the
report. Why would that be?

Regards,
Tomasz