Re: A way to generate PK-strings or new blank nodes

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 3:00 AM, Fabian Pijcke <fabian.pijcke@gmail.com>wrote:

> b) Allow more than one logical tables for a triples map, at the only
> condition that the rows are the same, and the SQL Version strings are
> different. We could then use the SQL Version String to create "generic"
> mappings with RDF Views specific to each RDBMS (So we could use the specific
> syntax of each RDBMS and use their power)

Fabian - To be sure I understand what you are describing. You would do
something like create a logical table with many different implementations,
one for each database vendor. These would be distinguished by having
different SQL version strings. Then at runtime, based on the type of the
database being accessed, the appropriate logical table implementation would
be used.

My first thought is that this is something to be done on top of R2RML rather
than in R2RML. Meaning that something outside of R2RML would know about the
set of available logical table resources and at runtime would produce an
R2RML mapping with the logical table appropriate for the database being
accessed.

-David