Re: Subject: RDB2RDF Last Call Working Draft transition announcement

From: Souripriya Das <souripriya.das@oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 11:20:25 -0400
To: public-rdb2rdf-comments@w3.org
Thank you for your comments (included below). We will discuss the issue in the Working Group and get back to you. -- Souri.

the current R2RML draft:

So far the R2RML draft looks pretty good. However, I guess that I'll
miss d2rq:TranslationTable [2]. I think this is a quite essential
functionality in this transformation process (e.g. you could also
utilise this functionality for data cleaning & cleansing tasks).
Unfortunately, this requires a programming language independent
representation of translation functions or an implementation that can
handle references to classes of specific programming languages (I guess,
CORBA-style or something like this).

Cheers,

Bo

[1] http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=28116318