(Editorial) Last Call Comments on the Direct Mapping document

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 13:07:15 +0200
Cc: Alexandre Bertails <bertails@w3.org>, RDB2RDF WG <public-rdb2rdf-wg@w3.org>, public-rdb2rdf-comments@w3.org
To: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>, Juan Sequeda <juanfederico@gmail.com>
Hi guys,

some buglets...

Ivan

------
Right before 2.3, the bullet item with the note

the predicate URI is wrong (it is still the former version), it should say <People#ref-deptName.deptCity>

----
In the additional/changed triples in section 2.3, we should also add

<People/ID-7> <People#ref-deptName.deptCity> <Department/name-accounting.city-Cambridge> .

(this is also a triple that would change if the primary key was different)

----
Appendix A.4, using set-builder notation:

Rule [44] still includes an editorial comment

//@@ I can't explain why this was:....

Also: I must admit I did not have the time to check the whole thing in detail, but I do not see where the predicate URI-s using 'ref-XXXX-YYY' are created. Are you sure the 'ref-' prefix is indeed part of the definition? Should that be in [38]?

----
Appendix A.4, using set notation

I have the impression that [36] is wrong in the sense that it was not adapted to the latest version of the URI construction (still using '=' sign...)

Also, the same question on the 'ref-XXX-YYY' as for the previous version. Note also that the English text misses the 'ref-' string, too. Here again, it should be [38], shouldn't it?

----
General comment on Appendix B

It would be useful to use a different style (eg, background colour) for the boxes defining the mappings and the ones denoting an example.

-----
Comment on Appendix B.3.1.

I miss the reference to the reference property iri-s. It seems that the whole formalism uses the 'generateLiteralProperty' function only, but I would expect, in this case, a separate generateReferenceProperty function. This should be defined and referred to from here...

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153