W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rax@w3.org > June 2016

[Minutes] RAX Call 2016-06-10

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 15:15:10 +0200
To: public-rax@w3.org
Message-Id: <844966A9-B273-4F4A-A505-B974B92201E5@w3.org>
See

https://www.w3.org/2016/06/10-rax-minutes.html <https://www.w3.org/2016/06/10-rax-minutes.html>

and below as text. Next call is in two weeks. NOTE: in two weeks the call will be one hour earlier = 1 p.m. CEST. After that the calls will be every two weeks 2 p.m. CEST.

- Felix

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                           #rax kickoff call

10 Jun 2016

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rax/2016Jun/0001.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/06/10-rax-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Javier, TimeaT, christian, daniele, fgeorges, fsasaki,
          gerard, labra, philr, quentin, rob_walpole

   Regrets
   Chair
          Christian

   Scribe
          fsasaki

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]intro
         2. [6]1: Introduction round
         3. [7]2. What the group is about
         4. [8]2.1 group mission
         5. [9]3.1 chair
         6. [10]3.3 github
         7. [11]4. communication
         8. [12]discussing github account
         9. [13]outreach
        10. [14]aob?
        11. [15]actions for the group
        12. [16]AOB again
     * [17]Summary of Action Items
     * [18]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: fsasaki

   <fgeorges> Hi all

intro

   <rob_walpole> present

   <fsasaki_> christian: welcome, great you are on the call

   <fsasaki_>
   [19]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rax/2016Jun/000
   1.html

     [19] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rax/2016Jun/0001.html

   <fsasaki_> agenda

1: Introduction round

   <fsasaki_> christian: working for wolters kluwer, head of
   content strategy, responsible for data strucutres and data
   enrichmnet

   <fsasaki_> ... we have a lot of XML data and now move more and
   more into rdf world

   <fsasaki_> ... not an ease task, we run often into issues

   <fsasaki_> ... everybody dealing with these formats are running
   into problems or may have solved them

   <fsasaki_> ... so I and Felix had the idea to create the group

   <fsasaki_> quentin: also at wolters kluwer, I am surving all
   business units in US and Europe, similar role as christian

   <fsasaki_> ... managing WK ontoloy that we are using across all
   businesses

   <fsasaki_> ... experience in RDF and its application in
   industry

   <fsasaki_> gerard: from the netherlands, involved in linked
   data

   <fsasaki_> ... dutch admin move to linked data, they also work
   with XML

   <fsasaki_> phil: CTO at vistatec, dublin based localization
   service provider

   <fsasaki_> ... translating large content volumns for large
   organisations

   <fsasaki_> ... we are partner in EU project FREME

   <fsasaki_> ... we are using XML vocabulary XLIFF in
   localization industry

   <fsasaki_> ... interested in embedding RDF in XLIFF to
   transport informatino throughout our productino chains

   <fsasaki_> jose: working for univ. ovido

   <fsasaki_> ... in web semantics research group

   <fsasaki_> ... have been involved in several developments with
   different data sources - XML, CSV, ...

   <fsasaki_> ... then providing an (RDF) data portal. Interested
   in conversion of data from different sources, often XML and CSV

   <fsasaki_> ... need to translate that into RDF

   <fsasaki_> ... involved into data shapes W3C WG

   <fsasaki_> ... working on how to translate XML Schemas into RDF
   shapes

   <fsasaki_> ... interested into coversion from XML Schemas into
   RDF

   <fsasaki_> Timea: from semantic web company, our main product
   is pool party

   <fsasaki_> ... for working with semantic data sources

   <fsasaki_> ... currently mapping a linguistic dictionary into
   RDF, the dictionariy is in XML

   <fsasaki_> ... looking for ideas and exchange

   <fsasaki_> florent: in belgium, worked with XML since 15 years,
   part of XSLT WG and XQuery

   <fsasaki_> ... started with semantic stuff a while ago, with
   mark logic then

   <fsasaki_> ... mark logic is data base that supports XML and
   RDF

   <fsasaki_> ... not at mark logic anymore but working
   extensively with semantic technologies

   <fsasaki_> ... question of interop between XML and RDF is very
   important for me

   <fsasaki_> daniele: working at univ. of econ. and business

   <fsasaki_> ... interested in compression

   <fsasaki_> rop: working at lexus nexus in publishing area

   <fsasaki_> ... working with XML technologies for 10 years, also
   involved in semantic technologies e.g. in the UK archives in
   the past

   felix: interested in language processing which often involves
   linked data knowledge but is applied to XML content

2. What the group is about

   christian: [20]https://www.w3.org/community/rax/ - see
   description on main page of the group

     [20] https://www.w3.org/community/rax/

   christian goes through description

   christian: any commments on the way we approach this? can also
   be positive :)

   gerard: looks like a quite useful and practical approach, let's
   see how it works

   florent: so far so good

   +1

   <Labra> +1 also sounds good for me

2.1 group mission

   <scribe> done already

3.1 chair

   christian: I can be chair, to achieve more would be great to
   have a co-chair
   ... if there is volunteer to help, esp. at the start, that
   would be really appreciated
   ... any volunteers?

   florent: I am in many groups, if there is nobody else I can do
   that, otherwise rather not

   phil: I would be happy to help

   [21]https://www.w3.org/community/rax/participants

     [21] https://www.w3.org/community/rax/participants

   felix: use the above link to nominate christian and phil as
   chairs and support them

3.3 github

   christian: felix proposed to have some repo at github to gather
   stuff
   ... w3c can take that up later
   ... anybody else who would be willing to spend some space for
   that?

   phil and quentin are volunteering

   felix: so have a github that has the group name as account?

   quentin: yes

   christian: who will set that up

   rob: I can do that

   <scribe> ACTION: rob to set up github account [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2016/06/10-rax-minutes.html#action01]

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2016/06/10-rax-minutes.html#action01]

   christian: how about rax-w3c?

   <fgeorges> [23]https://github.com/w3c

     [23] https://github.com/w3c

   <scribe> ACTION: felix to check if we can use w3c github for
   the CG repo [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2016/06/10-rax-minutes.html#action02]

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2016/06/10-rax-minutes.html#action02]

4. communication

   christian: propose to have call bi-weekly, a call one hour

   proposal was friday 2 p.m. like now, we are open for changes

   scribe: for me dates like Monday or Friday are always better
   ... is the time slot ok for everybody?

   phli: friday is a good day for me - 12 p.m. UTC?

   yes

   christian: next call then 24 June. I will travel that hour
   could make it one our earlier. Not that nice for US

   felix: propose to keep the slot, except the one time in two
   weeks from now

   for all the 2 p.m. slot on friday is OK

   quentin: next time won't attend, in general it is OK

discussing github account

   labra and florent - created organization for free, including
   different teams

   florent will ping rob later to see whether he can do the action
   items

   <robkwalpole@gmail.com>

outreach

   christian: we can do personalised outreach for sure. If there
   is an existing pipeline / channel that we can use for
   promotion?

   <Labra> I have checked in github and it seems that "rax" is
   already taken, however "rax-w3c" seems not to be taken

   use "Everyone start promotion using #rax @w3c" - the hash tag
   to promote

   thanks, labra - rax-w3c sounds good to me

   christian: need to talk then about common issues and use cases

   felix: maybe send your stuff to the list to share it with
   others, then its more stable share it with the group

   christian: ok. If you have topics you want to cover share it
   with me + phil and find out if there are commonalities and list
   things, so that we have for you a rather ease process so that
   not everybody has to read everything every time

aob?

   <quentin> will a mailing list / google group be created for
   internal communication?

   florent: what will be our deliverables?

   internal list:
   [25]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/internal-rax/

     [25] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/internal-rax/

   christian: idea is to address certain issues and topics that
   exist and that more than one in the group has
   ... depending on the type of issue we have we work on the
   solution. The solution will be the deliverable = a best
   practice. That is one deliverable.
   ... so I would not restrict that to something specific
   concerning the format right now, will always depend on what we
   achieve

   florent: that is fine
   ... I did not mean the format but what we want to achieve, as I
   take it it is not yet ready

   christian: we need to collect issues in the next weeks and then
   group them into commonalities. Then we see that some partners
   have the same as others.

   public-rax@w3.org

   felix: chairs should say what they prefer - to send everything
   to the list or to the chairs

   christian: let's try to collect sending things to me and phil
   ... that is more efficient
   ... also for the group members
   ... if you want to see everything that happens please let me
   know

   gerard: once you have received everthing, could you produce a
   summary?

   christian: sure, we will make a summary with the details as
   well to make things concise

   felix: include the submitter of issues in the summary

actions for the group

   christian: please share what you have to the group list
   ... then share your requriements with me and phil ritchie. we
   will make that available for the next call

   the earlier you can send stuff the better

   scribe: if you have s.t. now share it, and you can also bring
   up new things after the next call

AOB again

   christian: we have a good start, now need to find out what is
   of interest to the people, then we can start working

   florent: will there be an agenda before every call?

   christian: yes, will send agenda a few days before

   felix will provide a gotomeeting

   christian: thanks a lot for joining, looking forward to work
   with you!

   adjourned

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: felix to check if we can use w3c github for the
   CG repo [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2016/06/10-rax-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: rob to set up github account [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2016/06/10-rax-minutes.html#action01]

     [26] http://www.w3.org/2016/06/10-rax-minutes.html#action02
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2016/06/10-rax-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [28]scribe.perl version
    1.144 ([29]CVS log)
    $Date: 2016/06/10 12:57:00 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.144  of Date: 2015/11/17 08:39:34
Check for newer version at [30]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: fsasaki
Inferring ScribeNick: fsasaki
Present: Javier TimeaT christian daniele fgeorges fsasaki gerard labra p
hilr quentin rob_walpole
Agenda: [31]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rax/2016Jun/0001
.html
Got date from IRC log name: 10 Jun 2016
Guessing minutes URL: [32]http://www.w3.org/2016/06/10-rax-minutes.html
People with action items: felix rob

     [31] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rax/2016Jun/0001.html
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2016/06/10-rax-minutes.html


   [End of [33]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [33] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Friday, 10 June 2016 13:15:19 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 10 June 2016 13:15:19 UTC