Re: Template for Use Case

Hello Jean-Pierre,

I don't think the plan is to derive an RDF model/ontology from XML in this
group, that was just my personal use case to exemplify what I needed to do.
I am looking to find out better solution/alternatives to how I went about
my problem since the task is tedious and at some parts too complicated to
reproduce (possibly).

In the last call there were some interesting ideas that I personally will
look into for my use case and for the group we will write them down in a
list of existing solutions.

Best regards,
Timea

On 9 July 2016 at 18:49, Evain, Jean-Pierre <evain@ebu.ch> wrote:

> Thanks for this Timea.
>
> For me, when we say going from XML to RDF it consists on transforming XML
> instances into RDF individuals.
>
> I hope we do not plan to derive an RDF model/ontology from XML (xsd or
> fomr its instances). I know there has been attempts to do this in the past
> but for me this doesn't work.
>
> Transforming the data model, which can be more or less apparent from the
> xsd, requires to step back and translate that model into an ontology. It is
> only after this work has been done that data can be mapped. And only if
> this has been done correctly can you go back and forth e.g. xml-rdf-xml
>
> Is it a common understanding?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jean-Pierre

*Timea Turdean, MSc*