Re: support for map objects in xQuery

Christophe,

This is the right group to submit your comment in support of maps in
XQuery.  Unfortunately, the requirement arrived too late for the
feature to be included in XQuery 3.0 (including XPath 3.0), but we
have already incorporated it as a requirement for the putative next
version of XQuery.

Thanks very much for your message!
    Jim

At 10/10/2012 04:30 AM, christophe geiser wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>Not sure whether this is the correct address or forum, but anyway, I
>was encouraged to express my support for the use of maps objects in
>xquery to the xquery working group.
>
>I heard they are not yet part of the xquery recommendation or specs,
>but I find them really helpful in a variety of scenario, hence this
>message. To make it short and in consideration with the experience
>of my application upgrade from xquery 1.0 to 3.0, I found map
>objects are helping in code maintainability and filling a gap I had
>with xquery 1.0, i.e. the problem of storing transient information
>e.g. in-between function calls.
>
>Best regards,
>Christophe
>
>--
>Christophe Geiser, social entrepreneur
>e-Smile, solutions in monitoring and information management
>--

Jim Melton --- Editor of ISO/IEC 9075-* (SQL)     Phone: +1.801.942.0144
   Chair, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC32 and W3C XML Query WG    Fax : +1.801.942.3345
Oracle Corporation        Oracle Email: jim dot melton at oracle dot com
1930 Viscounti Drive      Alternate email: jim dot melton at acm dot org
Sandy, UT 84093-1063 USA  Personal email: SheltieJim at xmission dot com
=  Facts are facts.   But any opinions expressed are the opinions      =
=  only of myself and may or may not reflect the opinions of anybody   =
=  else with whom I may or may not have discussed the issues at hand.  =