Re: Question on XQuery formal semantics

On Wed, 2011-03-02 at 15:22 +0000, Axel Polleres wrote:
> (re-send from Jan26, seems this message didn't get through)
>
> Dear XQuery WG,
>
> Although we don't think the XQuery formal semantics document [1] is
> currently open for comments within the working group, we would
> appreciate a small clarification (or pointers to earlier discussions
> in this regard) on the "function" fs:new:

Thank you for writing!

Here is a quick personal response...

All W3C specifications are, in general, open for comment; see the Status
section of the document... for XQuery and XSL documents we use bugzilla
to track comments, so that's the best place to file them.  I can enter
this into bugzilla if you like, or you can, in which case you'll get
copied on any response automatically.

I think your interpretation makes sense.  At some point you reach the
edge of what is formally defined and what must be understood in a human
context rather than a mathematical context.

Liam