Re: [FT] FTStopWordOption semantics insufficient?

Paul J. Lucas wrote:
> Section 4.2.5.8 of the Full Text spec says in part:
>
>>  Then, the stop words are removed from the set of query tokens.
>
> It seems insufficient simply to remove the stop words from the
> set of  query tokens and keep the rest of the semantics the same.

You're right, it is. I have dropped that sentence, and added this one to
the start of the same paragraph:
     Given the applicable setting of the Stop Word Option, the function
     'fts:applyStopWordOption' calls 'fts:calcStopWords' to compute
     the set of stop words, and returns that set as an instance of
     xs:string*. This then is passed to 'fts:matchTokenInfos', which
     uses it to affect the matching of tokens.
(which is more in keeping with the section 4 prose being documentation
for the code).

In a similar vein, 3.4.7 Stop Word Option had this sentence:
     The "stop words" option specifies that if a token is within
     the specified collection of stop words, it is removed from
     the search and any token may be substituted for it.
and I have removed this chunk from it:
     "it is removed from the search and"
(Also, I changed the first "token" to "query token" for clarity.)

(My guess is that these wordings were actually correct with respect to
an earlier data/processing model.)

-Michael