RE: (ESED-813) XOR operator in XPath

From: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 07:46:57 +0100
To: "'McDOWALL, Brent'" <Brent.McDOWALL@suncorp.com.au>, <public-qt-comments@w3.org>
Cc: "'EasySuite Operations'" <EasySuiteOperations@suncorp.com.au>

However, for a user of XPath, I think providing the operator that directly
translates to the concept a user might be looking for, rather than a
'logically equivalent' operator, is a nice thing to do. It seems a simple
enough translation, but if I can spare my business users of XPath from
needing to make one more small leap in their boolean algebra cogitations,
then I'd be happy to do so.

Well, you can always wrap it in a function

declare function f:xor($a as xs:boolean, $b as xs:boolean)  as xs:boolean {

    $a != $b

}

Regards,

Michael Kay