[XPath] Request XPath implementations be required to do some static type checking on the schema-element function

From: Costello, Roger L. <costello@mitre.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 07:45:30 -0400
To: <public-qt-comments@w3.org>

Hi Folks,

I would like to request a small change to the XPath 2.0 specification.

I would like to request that XPath implementations be required to
generate an error or warning message for expressions like this:

    schema-element(Book)/Foo

where Foo is not a valid child of Book, according to the in-scope
schema.

Further, implementations be required to generate an error or warning
message for expressions like this:

   schema-element(Book)/Author/FirstNam

where, according to the in-scope schema, Author is a valid child of
Book but FirstNam (note that I misspelled Name) is not.

Thank you very much for your consideration.

  -- Roger L. Costello