Re: Wrong XQuery namespace URI in namespace document

From: Jim Melton <jim.melton@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 16:53:17 -0600
To: Micah Dubinko <Micah.Dubinko@marklogic.com>
Cc: <public-qt-comments@w3.org>
Micah,

Many thanks for the report.  I am currently responsible for the
namespace documents, so this is my problem to resolve.  I am in the
process of overhauling the way that we produce the namespace
documents, so it's going to take a few weeks before this is fixed,
but it will get fixed.

Many thanks!
    Jim

At 8/14/2008 02:35 PM, Micah Dubinko wrote:
>The following two documents contain inline text that gives the
>incorrect namespace URI (specifically, a trailing slash that should
>not be there)
>
> > | *
> <http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions>http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions
>
>"This document describes the namespace
><http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions/>http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions/
>of the..."
>

> > | *
> <http://www.w3.org/2005/xquery-local-functions>http://www.w3.org/2005/xquery-local-functions
>
>"This document describes the namespace
><http://www.w3.org/2005/xquery-local-functions/>http://www.w3.org/2005/xquery-local-functions/
>of the..."
>
>Both of these disagree with the normative definition from
>/TR/xquery, and are confusing to developers who happen to visit the
>namespace URI with a browser.
>
>This comment is about the specific content of the pages, not the
>redirect structure (which I understand to be a limitation of the system).
>
>Thanks, -m

Jim Melton --- Editor of ISO/IEC 9075-* (SQL)     Phone: +1.801.942.0144
   Co-Chair, W3C XML Query WG; XQX (etc.) editor    Fax : +1.801.942.3345
Oracle Corporation        Oracle Email: jim dot melton at oracle dot com
1930 Viscounti Drive      Standards email: jim dot melton at acm dot org
Sandy, UT 84093-1063 USA          Personal email: jim at melton dot name
=  Facts are facts.   But any opinions expressed are the opinions      =
=  only of myself and may or may not reflect the opinions of anybody   =
=  else with whom I may or may not have discussed the issues at hand.  =