Re: [closed] Re: Bugzilla under attack?

On Friday 30 March 2007 05:08, olivier Thereaux wrote:
> On Mar 30, 2007, at 04:12 , Norman Walsh wrote:
> > This is either vandalism or automated error, depending on
> > paula-ste@tiscali.co.uk's motivations. Several QT bugs have been
> > changed and several XProc bugs as well. All in the same way.
>
> Jean-Gui and I looked into it, and after some investigation and a lot
> of sed an sql later, the affected bugs have been reverted to their
> original state, the user's account disabled, and I've changed the
> settings of the public bugzilla so that this never happens again.

I don't know if it was intentional, but for me it's now not possible to change
the assignee of reports. When doing so I get:

"You tried to change the Assignee field from andrew.eisenberg@us.ibm.com to
carmelo@nist.gov , but only the assignee of the bug, or a sufficiently
empowered user may change that field."

Of course, if this is necessary in order to reach required security it is
unfortunate, but otherwise I'd say it's a useful feature.

Cheers,

		Frans

PS. These Bugzilla changes caught my attention as well, but was fixed at that
point. I did some investigation on the email address and it maps to a
person's name and seem to be valid. If this was an attack, that email address
probably was compromised.