Re: modules binding the xml/xmlns prefix

Frans Englich wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> 4.12 Namespace Declaration specifies that it is not allowed to redeclare the
> xml and xmlns prefix(XQST0070).
>
> A module declaration also allows an namespace binding to be done: "In the
> statically known namespaces of the library module, the namespace prefix
> specified in the module declaration is bound to the module's target
> namespace".
>
> I don't see what makes it invalid to do for example "module namespace xml =
> 'example.org/ns';".
>
> What have I missed? Or already taken care of? I'll probably file a report
> otherwise.
>

> Regards,
>
> 		Frans

Hi Frans,

These prefixes are reserved in the XML namespaces spec:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-names11-20040204/#xmlReserved

Since  "module namespace xml ='example.org/ns';" binds xml to a
different prefix, it seems inconsistent with the philosophy advocated by
the XML namespaces rec.

Jonathan

--
Read my Blog: http://blogs.datadirect.com/jonathan_robie/