Re: [FT] Scoring expressions

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:31:56 +0100
To: martin@x-hive.com
Cc: public-qt-comments@w3.org

> As this only adds completely normal XQuery expressions returning XDM
> instances I think this would greatly simplify both the processing
> model, the application for the user and the implementation for
> vendors (which is of course why I write this, I'm lazy :-)).

It would also be much more useful in non xquery uses of XPath than the
current XPath+full text specification, where score is only available
within a for clause, but as XPath for doesn't have where or order by clause
score is  essentially unusable. What's required is a mechanism to get the
score back as a number so that you can use it in
<xsl:for-each select="/a/b/c">
  <xsl:sort select=". ftscore 'hello" &amp;&amp; "world'"/>

(or some such syntax)

David