RE: Optional indicator in direct element and attribute constructors.

My experience with the FOR XML construction syntax which maps relational
data to XML is that a large amount of people (but not all) want NULL
values (the equivalent value to ()) mapped to absent properties. So
having a syntactic short-form in XQuery for such construction seems like
a more user-friendly approach. However, I am somewhat disturbed by the
proposed syntactic approach. Would it be better, if we add it first to
the computed constructors?

Best regards
Michael