[XQueryX] The need of PathExpr as in simpleType

From: Frank Yung-Fong Tang <franktang@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:38:15 -0500
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org

1. Currently, PathExpr is defined as a  complexType in
http://www.w3.org/TR/xqueryx/  . Since both XML Schema (as in  key,
keyref and uniques) and XSLT (as in pattern) also use XPath in
attribute, it will be nice if XQuery WG can ALSO define a way to
experss PathExpr as a simple type, either in XQueryX, or in other
document, or both.

2. In the XQueryX efforts, do we really need to experss the XQuery in
a way that it tokenize every details, or should we consider a level in
XQueryX to keep the PathExpr as a whole ?

I also think XML Schema should support a primitve type to hold XPath
so XPath can be used by more W3C technology in the future with less
interoperability issues. See my other posting.

--
Frank Yung-Fong Tang
譚永鋒