Re: Is XQuery a CFG or CSG ?

From: <scott_boag@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 06:34:10 -0500
To: Frank Yung-Fong Tang <franktang@gmail.com>
Cc: public-qt-comments@w3.org

> Is the language expressed by XQuery (not the XQuery grammar itself,
> but the expression power carried by XQuery)

You've lost me here.  The language is described by the grammar.

>  a Conext Free Grammar or
> Context Sensitive Grammar?

XQuery has a Context free grammar, and is a context free language.  But
every context-free language is context-sensitive (but not every
context-sensitive language is context-free), so there you go.  See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chomsky_hierarchy.

-scott