Re: [Serial] 2 Sequence Normalization (qt-2004Nov0075-01)

Hi David

You submitted a comment [1] on the October 29 Working Draft of XSLT 2.0
and XQuery 1.0 Serialization.

Thank you for submitting this comment.  The XSL and XML Query Working
Groups discussed the comment and have agreed that a new step is needed to
merge text nodes and remove any text nodes with values of zero length. The
new step 6 is:

[...]
For each subsequence of adjacent text nodes in S5, copy a single text node
to the new sequence equal to the values of the text nodes in the
subsequence concatenated in order. Any text nodes with values of zero
length are dropped. Copy all other items to the new sequence. The new
sequence is S6.
[...]

May I ask you to confirm that this response is acceptable to you?

Thanks,

Joanne
 [On behalf of the XSL and XML Query Working Groups]

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-qt-comments/2004Nov/0075.html