Re: [FT] FTIgnoreOption

From: andrewc <andrew.cao@cisra.canon.com.au>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 15:33:46 +1100
To: Sihem Amer-Yahia <sihem@research.att.com>
Cc: public-qt-comments@w3.org
Dear Sihem
Thank you for your reply.

According to FT Specification 3.2.8, the example query:
/book[@number="1"] ftcontains "Testing" without content .//title
"returns false because "Testing" does not occur without the title
element whose content is ignored."
But you suggested that search on a single word is no-op for FTIgnoreOption.
Would it be inconsistent?

Also I think it might be clearer if:
(nodeA ftcontains "some phrase" without content ./nodeB)
or
(nodeA ftcontains "word" without content ./nodeB)
simply requires the children nodeB's (and all its descendants) be pruned
from nodeA before the keywords are searched.

Thanks,
Andrew