RE: [F&O] regex syntax too limited

Kurt:
Thank you for your note.  The WGs discussed your recommendations at the
joint meeting on 1/19/2005 and decided not to extend the regex syntax as you suggested.
There has been similar suggestions in the past and the WGs have taken the
position that the regex syntax is aligned with XML Schema and is adequate for the
intended purpose.

I trust this is satisfactory.

All the best, Ashok