[F&O] INF, -INF and NaN - literals?

From: Colin Paul Adams <colin@colina.demon.co.uk>
Date: 14 Jan 2005 08:22:38 +0000
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org

15.4.2.1 Shows an example:

fn:avg((INF, -INF)) returns NaN.

Are INF, -INF and NaN supposed to be literals of type xs:double, as
is implied by this example (at least, that's the inference I draw)?
Because the grammar for literals does not include them.
Elsewhwere I can only find mention of them as special string values
for the xs:double constructor.

My XPath parser currently parses these expressions as child::INF
etc. Clearly I have a problem with the interpretation of the grammar.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire