RE: [XSLT2.0]format-number function difficulty

Thanks for the comment. I'm having difficulty seeing exactly where the
problem is. Is it simply that the term "picture string" is introduced at the
beginning of section 16.4, and not defined until section 16.4.2? There is a
hyperlink from the first use to the definition, but perhaps that doesn't
help people who read the spec on paper (I never do, which means that I tend
not to have that kind of reader uppermost in my mind).

Would a section reference help?

Or do you feel that the definition in section 16.4.2 itself needs improving?

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/