platforms

From: NGUYEN, Hiep <hiep.nguyen@baesystems.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 10:47:38 +0930
To: "'public-qt-comments@w3.org'" <public-qt-comments@w3.org>

Hi,

I am new to XQuery so I have a few questions which I am hoping someone can
answer for me.

1. Is XQuery a standard or recommendation yet?
2. Which platforms can support XQuery?

At the moment I am working on a project where I am trying to conduct a
search on a flat html page.

I am looking at setting up a database via XML files and then use XQuery to
search the XML files and display the results onto a flat html page. The
reason for this is I require a database to run on any platform.

Can anyone given me suggestions whether my approach is feasible or not?

Regards.