Re: W3C Last Call and Media Type request for comments: XQuery and XQueryX

From: Liam Quin <liam@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 17:13:58 -0400
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: ietf-types@iana.org, ietf-xml-mime@imc.org, public-qt-comments@w3.org

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 11:06:49PM +0200, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Liam Quin wrote:
> >It lets people put XQuery documents on public Web servers that may
> >not be configured correctly.  But it's not clear that this is the
> >right approach.
> What kind of misconfiguration did you have in mind here? Configured to
> use an incorrect charset parameter? That's then easily addressed by not
> having a charset parameter.

That might in fact be the best approach for us.  I'll take it up
internally, thanks!

> >We expect to add to it later.  Right now the specifications are new
> >enough (in terms of Process) that security implications have not
> >all been explored.  I'd welcome help in this area.  What sort of
> >additional text did you expect in this section?
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-freed-media-type-reg-03.txt
> section 6 covers this
Note that date on that document is April 1st -- we'll be able to take
it into account for the next publication, which I hope will be for
Candidate Recommendation.

On whether it should be normative within XQuery, I'll take it
up internally.

> it seems inconsistent with other W3C Technical Reports.
This process of registering MIME types is new, so we're
treading new ground here.

Thanks again for your help.