Re: [Serial] I18N WG last call comments [11] (qt-2004Feb0362-08)

From: Henry Zongaro <zongaro@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 10:57:04 -0400
To: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Cc: public-qt-comments@w3.org

Martin,

     In [1], you submitted the following comment on the Last Call Working
Draft of XSLT 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 Serialization on behalf of the I18N
Working Group:

<<
[11] Section 3, 'include-content-type': Why is this parameter needed?
   It seems that it may be better to always include a <meta> element.
   Please remove the parameter or tell us when/why it's necessary to
   not have a <meta> element

     Thanks to you and the working group for this comment.  The XSL and
XML Query Working Groups discussed the comment, and noted that there are
many situations in which users have found there to be a need for the
include-content-type parameter.  A user might not want the serialization
process to produce a META element because some post-processing phase will
be responsible for creating that element or because the sequence that is
input to serialization already contains such a META element that the user
would like the serialization process to preserve.  Users sometimes find it
necessary to do this in order to work around bugs in web server software.

     The working group decided that no change to the Serialization draft
was necessary.

     May I ask you to confirm that this response is acceptable to the I18N
Working Group?

Thanks,

Henry [On behalf of the XSL and XML Query Working Groups]
[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-qt-comments/2004Feb/0362.html
Henry Zongaro      Xalan development
mailto:zongaro@ca.ibm.com