From: "Henry Zongaro" <zongaro@ca.ibm.com>
To: holstege@mathling.com
Subject: Re: [Serialization] SCHEMA-O (qt-2004Feb0275-01)
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:05:20 -0400

Mary,

      In [1], you submitted the following comment on the Last Call Working
Draft of XSLT 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 Serialization on behalf of the XML Schema
Working Group.

<<
Editorial

[O] [Section 3: Serialization Parameters] 'use-character-maps' is a
misnomer. It is not a boolean parameter as it sounds. It is a list of
{character, string} pairs. Similar to cdata-section-elements, it should be
'character-maps'.

      Thanks to you and the XML Schema Working Group for this comment,
which I am handling editorially.

      The name of this parameter derives from the attribute of the same
name that is defined for xsl:output and xsl:result-document by XSLT 2.0.
Admittedly, the name can be interpreted as implying that it has a boolean
value, but it is intended to mean "these are the character maps to use."
The name actually has an antecedent in XSLT 1.0:  use-attribute-sets.

      As I'd like to keep the names of the serialization parameters the
same as the corresponding attributes defined by XSLT, I'm inclined not to
make this editorial change.

      If this response is not acceptable to the XML Schema Working Group, I
would invite you reopen the issue.

Thanks,

Henry
[1]