Re: [Serialization] MS-SER-LC1-008 (qt-2004Feb1201-01)

From: Henry Zongaro <zongaro@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:17:39 -0400
To: mrys@microsoft.com
Cc: public-qt-comments@w3.org

     In [1], you submitted the following comment on the Last Call Working
Draft of XSLT 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 Serialization.

Section 4.2

Add some more concrete examples for last paragraph. E.g, U+0007 in XML
1.0 or U+0000 in XML 1.1.

     Thank you for your comment, which I am handling editorially.

     The section you refer to is entitled "XML Output Method: the encoding
Parameter".  I decided instead to add an example describing the effect of
control characters in the section on the version parameter, and I added an
example describing the effect of using characters that cannot be
represented in a particular encoding to this section on the encoding

     I would appreciate if you could check the next draft of the
specification when it becomes available, and verify that this is an
acceptable response to your comment.

Henry Zongaro      Xalan development