Re: [RESPONSE qt-2004Feb0384-01] [General] Please use less namespaces

Michael Rys wrote:
> Sharing the namespace will lead to confusion. For example, I can refer
> to xs:anySimpleType inside a schema but I cannot refer to
> xs:anyAtomicType. Keeping them in separate namespaces makes it clear
> that they are treated differently in different contexts.

There is confusion either way.  Currently, people have to remember and
understand which types as in xs and which in xdt.

Also, what happens when/if dayTimeDuration get added to XML Schema.
Will we have both xdt:dayTimeDuration and xs:dayTimeDuration?  Given
XQuery's "name-based" type-system, would there be a problem with two
types with the same name?
--
	--Per Bothner