From: public-qt-comments-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-qt-comments-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Steven Engels
Sent: 06 November 2004 18:15
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org
Subject: xmlQueryCompileException

Dear all,

I am trying to sort following xml document:

<Top100>
    <Song>
            <Title>testtitle1</Title>
            <Artist>testartist1</Artist>
            <Points>20</Points>
    </Song>
    <Song>
            <Title>testtitle2</Title>
            <Artist>testartist2</Artist>
            <Points>50</Points>
    </Song>
</Top100>

By using XQuery in Visual Basic 2005 and by using followig XQuery command:

    <Top100> {for $s in /Top100/Song order by $s/Points return $s} </Top100>

But when I try to compile this command I always get an
xmlQueryCompileExceception with the followin message:

    Atomization (fn:data()) of order by expression should result in single
atomic value or an empty sequence. Actual type is 'xdt:untypedAtomic*'

Can you help me to solve this problem?

Kind regards
Steven Engels
steven.engels@worldonline.be