RE: [Serial] additional last call comment about xml:lang

Hello Michael,

At 17:52 04/05/06 +0100, Michael Kay wrote:

> > We have earlier sent comments on the Data Model and on XSLT
> > where we have urged better support for the inheritance of
> > xml:lang (or for inherited attributes in general). Without
> > any such support, it is extremely tedious to write a
> > transformation or query that adequately copies xml:lang
> > from the input to the output.
>
>I have been monitoring questions and answers on the xsl-list (at one time
>there were 100 a day) for five years now, and I have not once seen a
>complaint about this from a user. It might be difficult in theory, but I
>don't think it is a problem in practice.

If you don't think it's a problem in practice, what about taking
the xml-to-xhtml XSLT associated with the xmlspec DTD, and change
it so that multilingual input is output with the correct xml:lang
attributes (but without having xml:lang on every element if not
necessary).

Regards,    Martin.