Re: [XSLT2.0]

Igor,

I wrote:
> 3. All of "NFC", "NFD", "NFKC", "NFKD", "fully-normalized", "none" and
> any implementation-defined value are permitted for the xml, xhtml and
> text output methods.  The values "NFC", "fully-normalized" and "none"
> must be supported by an implementation for these output methods.

and you responded:

Igor Hersht/Toronto/IBM wrote on 2004-03-29 12:06:55 PM:
> I think it is OK.
> There is some discrepancy between specs for fn:normalize-unicode
> (according to the latest Draft) and the normalization-form attribute.
> The  "fully-normalized" value of the   normalization-form attribute must
> be supported . This normalization is not mandatory to implement for
> fn:normalize-unicode.
> The  "fully-normalized" mode could be difficult to implement.

     It was my understanding there had been a comment against F&O that an
implementation should be required to support the parameter value
"fully-normalized" for the fn:normalize-unicode function.  I specified
here that the value "fully-normalized" must be supported as a value for
the normalization-form parameter in order to align with what I understood
was a pending change to F&O.

Ashok:  Can you confirm that an implementation will be required to support
the value "fully-normalized" for the fn:normalize-unicode function?

Thanks,

Henry
Henry Zongaro      Xalan development
mailto:zongaro@ca.ibm.com