Re: [Serial] IBM-SE-100: Default parameter values should account for specifics for particular output methods

From: Henry Zongaro <zongaro@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 18:18:52 -0500
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org

     In [1], I submitted the following comment on the last call draft of
Serialization on behalf of IBM:

Henry Zongaro/Toronto/IBM wrote on 2004-02-17 08:45:45 PM:
> Section 6
> This section states that the default value for the version method is
> 4.0, while section 3 states that the default is implementation
> defined.  The two statements need to be reconciled.  The same
> comment probably applies to other parameters.

In response [2], Michael Key proposed:

Michael Kay wrote on 2004-02-18 03:31:48 AM:
> Actually, I think that the Serialization spec should not define default
> values for any parameters. This should be up to the client application
> to specify.

     The XSL and XQuery working groups considered this comment, and
decided to accept Michael Kay's suggestion.

     This note announces the decision and signals my acceptance of the

Henry Zongaro      Xalan development