re: [XSLT 2.0] Setting off Deprecated Attributes

From: Michael Kay <mhk@mhk.me.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 15:17:02 +0100
To: <public-qt-comments@w3.org>
Cc: <mikefz@wyeast.net>

In message

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-qt-comments/2004Feb/1116.html

our ref: qt-2004Feb1116-01

Mike Fitzgerald requested that we consider adding notation for deprecated
attributes to the XSLT element proformas in the spec.

The XSL WG decided on 27 May to accept this suggestion, leaving the
editorial details to the editor. The suggestion is to put the relevant
attributes in square brackets, using a grayed font.

The change includes introducing a proper definition of what we mean for a
construct to be deprecated.

Mike, I trust you will be happy with this outcome.

Michael Kay
for the XSL WG