Re: [Serialization] MS-SER-LC1-001

From: Henry Zongaro <zongaro@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:38:44 -0400
To: mrys@microsoft.com
Cc: public-qt-comments@w3.org

     In [1], you submitted the following comment on the Last Call Working
Draft of XSLT 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 Serialization:

Section 1 Introduction

We think it may be better, if the serialization document is kept
separate, so other serialization formats can be added without impacting
the general datamodel document.

     Thank you for this comment.

     The XSL and XML Query Working Groups discussed your comment, and
agreed that it would be best to specify the serialization process in a
separate document.  The editorial note will be deleted.

     I am unsure whether any representative of Microsoft, apart from the
chair of the XML Query WG, was present when this decision was made.  May I
ask you to confirm that this response is acceptable to you?

Henry [On behalf of the XSL and XML Query Working Groups]
Henry Zongaro      Xalan development