RE: [DM] IBM-DM-105: Order of comments, PI's and text given [schema normalized value] property

This was a very conscious decision during the design of the data model
and we had exactly these arguments. I personally would find it
problematic to change the semantics of the data model in this way to
help the <0.5% use case...

In general I agree with you about the need to preserve information.

But the general way of typing an element node to be of a simple type and
allowing PIs and comments in the serialized form in my opinion was a
mistake of the XSD validation specification. Many people will utilize
such typing to map property-value pairs and could care less about
whether the original textual representation and an occasional comment is
preserved due to the fact that they operated on the typed data. If we at
least preserve the comment/PI, then the child axis access still gives
you the data...

The workaround is that you do not type your data and the comments, PIs
and text nodes stay where they are...

Best regards
Michael