RE: ORA-FO-266-B: Error codes should be normative (2)

I think there is another reason for not making error codes normative at
this stage: the currently assigned codes are simply not good enough. I
found, for example, cases where the XPath language book and F+O define
different codes for the same casting error. Some codes are incredibly
broad in scope, other very narrow, and the scopes overlap. A lot of
design work is needed on the overall set of error codes before we can
make them normative.