Re: [XQuery] 3.2 Order of nodes constructed in a path

Well no, it's not. Consider:
     let $source := <foo>
     </foo>
     return $source/a/b/text{ position() }
which creates two "1" text nodes, as opposed to your example which
would create "1", "2".

However, I feel like we're getting off track. The issue at hand is not
whether there's some way of reproducing position(). Being able to
construct nodes within a path (whether directly or via a function) is a
powerful feature. Assuming it remains, the issue is how to define the
order of the elements created.

--Sarah