From: Michael Kay [mailto:mhk@mhk.me.uk]
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2004 4:47 PM
To: Volkmann, Mark; 'Jonathan Robie'; scott_boag@us.ibm.com
Cc: public-qt-comments@w3.org
Subject: RE: questionable syntax choices

 I'd guess it will be hard to make the case that including the semicolon
makes writing XQuery parsers significantly easier.

As I think we've explained several times, the semicolons are not there to
make writing parsers easier. They are there to give you better error
diagnostics when you get the syntax wrong.

---------
A.G. Edwards & Sons' outgoing and incoming e-mails are electronically
archived and subject to review and/or disclosure to someone other
than the recipient.

---------